Athens Mutual Aid Network + COVAID
Athens Mutual Aid Network is pairing with COVAID.co to create a unique portal that will allow folx from a twenty-mile radius around Athens (we might be expanding this depending on resources) to request mutual aid. Persons requesting aid can request volunteers directly, based on location, language services, other forms of accessibility such as car mobility or legal services offered.
1. Assign general requests for aid to volunteers.
2. Re-assign requests for aid when a volunteer requested can't be available to help.
3. Act as a volunteer for aid requests.
4. Keep track of any bugs in the system or any additions that need to be added.
5. Coordinate with developers from COVAID and the Website director of AMAN to work out bugs and make improvements.
6. Maintain self care and rest
The following will be listed on COVAID as options for aid:
pickup&delivery (food, supplies, etc.), grocery shopping, grocery delivery, prescription pickup and delivery, family sponsorship, cooking/food preparation, pet care/dog waking for immunocompromised and elderly folks, art/music/writing offerings, emotional support, conversation/companionship (with social distancing), housecleaning, legal representation/advocacy (housing/labor especially), Neighborhood Point Person (reaching out to neighbors via word of mouth)
- Number of volunteers
- Background screening required?
- Level of Exposure
- Level III
- Athens (on site)
- Skills needed
- Project type